Integrative Learning at EIU
Now watch Integrative Learning: The Faculty Perspective.At EIU, our emphasis on integrative learning means that we provide our students with coherent learning experiences in the classroom, significant learning and life experiences outside the classroom, and ample opportunity for guided reflection. What makes integrative learning so powerful is that it enables students to tie the disparate parts of their academic, personal, and professional lives into a holistic, transformative university experience.
Its result? Students who participate in integrative learning become intentional learners who learn more deeply, retain what they learn longer, and continue learning as a lifelong habit.
Questions? Contact Provost Lord
Integrative Learning Resources
- Designing Integrative Learning Into Your Courses (Dr. Dee Fink)
- Integrative Learning: Challenges and Opportunities(Dr. Pat Hutchings)
- AAC&U's Peer Review on Integrative Learning
- The Carnegie Foundation Integrative Learning Project
- Integrative Learning: Mapping the Terrain
- Promoting Better Teaching & Learning (Dr. Dee Fink)
- Value Rubrics
- Assessing Integrative Learning: Results from NSSE