Internal Governing Policies
#83 - Health Service Board
Approved: January 3, 1996
Nomenclature changes: July 16, 1997
Monitor: Vice President for Student Affairs
To review, study, and make recommendations concerning the University Health Service and serve as a budgetary body for all Student Activity Fee monies received by the Health Service and Pharmacy.
The Board shall consist of the following members:
- Six voting members including four students appointed by the Student Body President and two faculty appointed by the Faculty Senate. One student shall serve as Board Chair.
- Four non-voting ex-officio members, as follows:
a. Director, Student Life
b. Student Body Executive Vice President*
c. Director, University Health Service
d. Medical Director, University Health Service
*In case of a tie, the Student Body Executive Vice President shall have voting privileges.
- To make recommendations concerning the operation of the Health Service.
- To consider all suggestions and complaints regarding the Health Service and grant hearings for issues when requested to take action.
- To review the budget of the Health Service recommended by the Director of Health Services.
- To approve all contracts which are to be paid from the student fee allocations.
- To deal with all problems concerning the Health Service.
- To deal with all matters concerning the Pharmacy.
- To prepare semester reports for the Student and Faculty Senates.