Internal Governing Policies
#85 - Performing and Visual Arts Board
Approved: August 21, 1996
Monitor: Vice President for Student Affairs
To review, coordinate, and govern the areas of general music, theatre and art which receive Student Activity Fee monies.
The Board shall consist of the following members:
- Six voting members including four students and two faculty. One student shall serve as Board chair.
- Five non-voting ex-officio members, as follows:
a. Director, Student Life
b. Student Vice President for Academic Affairs*
c. Chair, Department of Art
d. Chair, Department of Music
e. Chair, Department of Theatre Arts
*In case of a tie, the Student Vice President for Academic Affairs shall have voting privileges.
- To govern all areas of theatre, music, and art which receive Student Activity Fee monies.
- To promote cooperation between the areas of theatre, music, and art.
- To prepare a Student Activity Fee budget request for the Apportionment Board and make all necessary line item changes upon Apportionment Board recommendation and approval.
- To consider problems which may arise concerning the areas.
- To approve all contracts to be paid out of student fees.
- To prepare semester reports for the Student and Faculty Senates.