Internal Governing Policies
#88 - University Union Board
Approved: December 12, 2016
Monitor: Vice President for Student Affairs
To serve as the advisory board to the Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK) University Union.
The board shall consist of seven voting members, as follows:
- Five student members:
a. One student appointed by the Student Body President.
b. One student appointed by the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Programs.
c. One student appointed by the Director of Housing.
d. One student appointed by the Director of Minority Affairs.
e. One student appointed by the University Board.
- Two members representing the campus community shall be appointed by the following organizations:
a. One Faculty member appointed by the Faculty Senate.
b. One Staff member appointed by the Staff Senate.
- Each voting member shall serve a one-year term effective the first academic day of the Fall Semester.
- The Chairperson of the MLK University Union Board shall be selected among current voting student members.
- The MLK University Union Board shall have the following ex-officio members without vote:
a. Director of University Union
b. Assistant Director(s) of University Union
c. Director of Housing or appointee
d. Director of Student Life or appointee
- To advise and make recommendations concerning financial and operational policies of the MLK University Union.
- To receive and review the MLK University Union budget presented by the Director, University Union.
- To present the reviewed budget and any recommendations to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- To address any concerns and receive suggestions regarding the services of the MLK University Union and to make recommendations.
- The University Union Board shall hold open meetings as needed. Special meetings may be held at the request of the Chairperson or the Director, University Union.