EIU Position Description
POSITION: Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management
DEPARTMENT: Provost/Vice President Academic Affairs
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 09/26/2016
APPLY TO: http://apply.interfolio.com/36445
|The Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management, reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and administering an effective enrollment management program. The incumbent has line responsibility for Admissions, Financial Aid and the Registrar and collaborates with other enrollment management-related units including, but not limited to, New Student Programs, Housing, the Pine Honors College, the Graduate School, the School of Continuing Education, the Office of Minority Affairs, and the Office of International Students and Scholars.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and recommends the overall enrollment goals for the University.
2. Provides leadership of enrollment management initiatives including the prospecting and recruitment of undergraduate applicants, the management and development of recruiting territories, the strategic use of financial aid resources, and the implementation of efforts to assure an adequate yield of admitted students.
3. Ensures that the units within Enrollment Management establish priorities, goals, and objectives that are in alignment with the enrollment goals of the University and the University's strategic plan.
4. Leads and monitors progress of campus-wide initiatives and complex projects that have an impact on recruitment, re-enrollment, retention and graduation of students.
5. Facilitates the coordination of admission and financial aid activities with other offices that are integral in assuring the recruitment and yield of new students.
6. Oversees development of a multi-year institutional enrollment plan consistent with the University's strategic plan to serve as a planning guide.
7. Works closely with the Creative Director of Marketing and Creative Services and other key stakeholders to assure that appropriate marketing materials (including the use of the web and social media) are available to achieve recruitment goals.
8. Collaborates and coordinates with New Student Programs/Orientation and other offices that are integral in assuring an effective and efficient transition to the University of new students.
9. Coordinates the supervision of all budgets within the Enrollment Management units and develops sound, data-driven enrollment projections for the development of overall planning and budgeting.
10. Convenes Enrollment Works and the Enrollment Management Committee (campus wide), and serves as Chair of the Financial Aid Appeals Committee, the Residency Appeals Committee, and such other committees as assigned by the Provost.
11. Provides effective personnel management in conjunction with the directors of the Enrollment Management units.
12. Assists in the further development and refinement of our student portal, "myeiu."
13. Assists in identifying new uses for technology to ensure excellence in service.
14. Identifies trends, foresees problems and resolves conflicts.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess: a) a Master's degree; b) an exemplary record of progressively responsible administrative experience in enrollment management and its various units; and, c) demonstrated knowledge of trends, research and best practices in enrollment planning. Applicants must have demonstrated ability to analyze and report data relevant to recruitment, admissions and retention of students for the purpose of decision making. Applicants must possess excellent leadership, management and analytic skills with evidence of effectively implementing initiatives, a proven record of effective personnel and budget management, and documented superior interpersonal skills. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusive excellence is required.
Please electronically submit a letter of application and current resume (complete with names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of five references) to: https://apply.interfolio.com/36445
Questions regarding this search should be directed to Dr. Richard England, Screening Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Eastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran - committed to achieving a diverse community.|