The Economics Department is pleased to welcome our newest member.
Dan Hickman recently completed his PhD in Economics at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Prior to attending CU, Dan completed his undergraduate education at the University of Nevada, Reno, where he majored in Economics with a minor in Statistics.
While at the University of Colorado, Dan taught courses in Economic Principles, Statistics, and Mathematics for Economists. Dan's research fields of interest include Labor, Public, and Urban Economics. His research to this point largely focuses on the role of higher education policies in the growth of educational attainment in the regional labor force. Dan’s first publication recently appeared in the journal Regional Science and Urban Economics. During his time in Colorado, Dan received awards for his teaching and public policy research, and was recently nominated for a University-wide award for teaching excellence.
Dan has been married to his wife, Jacqueline, for five years. In their free time, they enjoy hiking, horseback riding, and other outdoor activities. Dan is also a basketball fan and enjoys playing whenever he gets the chance.
Last updated: Wednesday 01st of September 2010 11:02:40 AM
Sites of Interest
- Sites of Interest
- Browser Check
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
- American Economic Association (AEA)
- Undergraduate Economics by AEA
- Illinois Economic Association (IEA)
- Midwest Economic Association (MEA)
- Missouri Valley Economic Association (MVEA)
- National Association for Business Economics (NABE)
- NACE Student Survey
- Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE)
- Southern Economic Association (SEA)
- Economic Report of the President
- Institute for International Economics
- Resources for Economists
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- U.S. Census Bureau