Photo courtesy of Phyllis Frimpong, South Africa, Summer 2013
Office of Study Abroad Photo Contest
Deadline to Submit: Friday, October 25, 2013
The Study Abroad Office at EIU is holding a photo competition for all students who are studying abroad and study abroad returnees! The contest will be divided into five categories:
• Each student can submit a maximum of 2 photos per category
• Photos must be high resolution
• Filters (black & white, sepia, etc.) will be accepted, but any other edits/photoshopping should be disclosed
with the entry and we may request an original copy
• Include your name, email, major, year in school, and the location of the photo
• Submit photos by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, posting on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/EIUStudyAbroad), or share them with us via Dropbox
We will be selecting the top 3 photos in each category and then posting them on our Facebook page. Each category’s top 3 will be posted on our Facebook page during the week of October 28 – November 1. Each category will be posted on a different day, and the photo with the most “likes” that day will be the overall winner of the category. There will be a judging panel to determine the top 3 overall winners of the competition.
The winning photos will be mounted and displayed at the Tarble Arts Center Atrium during International Education Week (November 11-15, 2013). There will be an awards ceremony open to the public on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 from 6 to 7:30 pm. Refreshments will be served.
1st Place: Canon Powershot ELPH 115 IS Camera
Other prizes TBD