The Office of General Counsel provides legal support to the University community. If you have questions about campus legal issues, please call or send an email, and I will be glad to speak with you. Students with specific legal questions can also contact Student Legal Services for assistance.
The General Counsel serves as the legal advisor to the University and represents the University in all legal matters. The General Counsel also:
- Provides advice concerning compliance with federal and state laws and regulations affecting institutions of higher education;
- Serves as the University's Freedom of Information Act Officer;
- Develops, revises, and interprets internal University policies;
- Represents the University in all administrative hearings and arbitrations; and
- Brings legal issues and concerns to the attention of University officials and helps them respond appropriately.