Cameron Douglas Craig
|Ph.D. Candidate, Indiana State Univ., 2006|
|M.A. in Geography, Indiana State Univ., 2003|
|B.S. in History, Indiana State Univ., 1999|
Contact and Information
Mr. Craig is currently a Geographer/Climatologist in the Department of Geology/Geography at Eastern Illinois University. He currently oversees students in the broadcast meteorology minor and collaborates with WEIU-TV's Emmy Award Winning NewsWatch as meteorological consultant allowing student forecasters to have an immediate resource for meteorological inquiries and severe weather events. Mr. Craig is also the founder and director of the EIU WeatherCenter that provides meteorological and climatological data to the public, researchers, and students. In addition to his duties at EIU, he is working toward receiving his Ph.D. in Physical Geography at Indiana State University with emphasis on Climatology, Physical Geography, and Geographic Education.
In 2006, Mr. Craig founded Tempestas et Caelum Productions that provides a creative outlet for students in broadcast meteorology, geography, geology, history, and other fields in producing, filming, and directing documentary films.
- Weather and Climate (ESC 1400)
- Senior Seminar: Spaceship Earth (EIU 4101)
- Broadcast Meteorology Practicum (ESC/GEG 3400)
- Climate and History (GEG/HIS 3500)
- Severe Weather and Thermodynamics (ESC 3960)
- Agricultural Climatology (ESC 3960)
Honors and Awards
- Professor Laureate, Eastern Illinois University, 2010. Keynote Address Video Article
- Outstanding Faculty Nominee, College of Sciences, Eastern Illinois University, 2009.
- Outstanding Faculty Award, College of Sciences, Eastern Illinois University, 2007.
- Excellence in the use of Technology, Eastern Illinois University, 2006.
- Outstanding Service Award, Department of Geography, Geology, & Anthropology, Indiana State University, 2005.
- Educational Excellence Award, College of Arts & Science, Indiana State University, 2002.
Filmography (D=Director, P=Producer, W=Writer, N=Narrator)
- "A World of Winter" (2004) Indiana State University Climate Laboratory, D/P/W
- "Explore the Skies: Human Modification of the Environment" (2005) Eastern Illinois University, D/P/W
- "An Illinois Winter" (2006) Eastern Illinois University, D/P/W
- "Expedition Nature's Realm" (2007) Eastern Illinois University, D/P/W
- "Stinging Dust & Forgotten Lives" (2007 & 2008) Eastern Illinois University, D/P/W