Running a Reference Articulation
Access the printer friendly PDF version here.
A Reference Articulation Audit will show you how courses from a specific transfer institution have applied and will apply to EIU requirements.
1. To run an audit for current and planned transfer work, click the "Ref Art?" button.
2. Select the following:
1. From the screen below, choose “R” from the “Selected Ref Art” drop-down menu if you want the audit to report on all courses required for the major. Enter “S” if you want the audit to report only the requirements for which there is an applicable transfer course. Normally, you would select "R".
2. Next, from the “Select Ref Institution” drop-down menu, select the transfer institution whose courses you want to articulate to EIU’s.
Note: Make your choice carefully. Our local community college is called Lake Land College. However, there is a Lakeland College in Wisconsin as well. If the same institution is listed twice, choose the later entry, which will contain more recent transfer equivalencies.
3. Now click “Run Audit.”
3. Now select either “View Submitted Audits” or, if you are running several audits, “Submit Another Report.”
Note: Occasionally, an error message will appear, advising you that you should contact the Webmaster for more information. These messages usually indicate that you have selected an inappropriate combination of majors and minors, and your best recourse is to run the audit without the minor. If you do need assistance, however, please contact your advisor or college degree certification officer for assistance.
4. If you elect to view your audit, you will find it on the “List of Available Audits.” Single-click its name and the audit will open.
5. Review the Audit!
Note: The audit that opens is an “enhanced audit.” The enhanced audit actually is two audits: A summary of requirements and a more detailed list of requirements. Clicking on the colored arrow to the left of a summary requirement will take you to the more detailed version of that same requirement.
The enhanced audits can be quite long. You also may find the colors and graphics distracting. For these reasons, you may prefer reviewing the “Printer Friendly Report,” which you can access from the link at the top of the enhanced audit.
Click this link to view a sample Reference Articulation Audit.