Running the Transfer Evaluation Audit
Access the printer friendly PDF version here.
A "Transfer Evaluation" audit allows you to see how coursework will transfer EIU.
1. To run a "Transfer Evaluation" audit, click the “What-If?” button.
2. Select the appropriate information from the drop-down menus:
• The degree should be "Undeclared."
• The major should be "Transfer Evaluation Audit Only" (to view your courses and determine how they will transfer to EIU), OR you can select "Transfer Progress Audit Only" (to determine how your courses will meet EIU's general education requirements).
• The appropriate catalog year and term. Keep in mind that requirements may vary, depending on the year/term selected.
• The minor should be "No minor."
3. Now click “Run Analysis.”
4. Now select either “View Submitted Audits” or, if you are running several audits, “Submit Another Report.”
Note: Occasionally, an error message will appear, advising you that you should contact the Webmaster for more information. These messages usually indicate that you have selected an inappropriate combination of majors and minors, and your best recourse is to run the audit without the minor. If you do need assistance, however, please contact your advisor or college degree certification officer for assistance.
5. If you elect to view your audit, you will find it on the “List of Available Audits.” Single-click its name and the audit will open.
6. Review the Audit!
Note: The audit that opens is an “enhanced audit.” The enhanced audit actually is two audits: A summary and a more detailed list. Clicking on the colored arrow to the left of a summary will take you to the more detailed version of that same section.
The enhanced audits can be quite long. You also may find the colors and graphics distracting. For these reasons, you may prefer reviewing the “Printer Friendly Report,” which you can access from the link at the top of the enhanced audit.
Below you will see a sample annotated audit section that shows how a course transfers to EIU.
1. The semester the course was taken.
2. The department and course number at EIU.
3. The number of hours and the grade at EIU.
4. The title at EIU; and the course abbreviation, number, and institution where it was taken.
A complete annotated version of the "Transfer Evaluation" audit is available here.