PART I: QUALITATIVE INFORMATION
- Current practices included tracking honors hours and gpa of students for compliance with Honors Programs requirements.
- Faculty/Staff Achievements:
Presentations at National Collegiate Honors Council by Dr. Herbert Lasky and Ms. Margaret Messer in Chicago fall 2001; Dr. Lasky, Ms. Judy Sunderman and Ms. Messer served on NCHC committees; The EIU Honors Programs plan to host the Directors' Meeting of Honors Council of the Illinois Region fall 2002.
- Student Achievements:
- All five recipients of the Livingston C. Lord Scholarship for spring 02 were in University Honors, Ms. Michelle Braddock, Ms. Sarah DeLoche, Ms. Elizabeth Neumayer, and Ms. Rebecca Traen.
- State Farm Scholarship Award spring 02 was awarded to University Honor Student Ms. Regina Elkins.
- Eighteen tuition waivers were awarded through the Honors Programs for fall 2002.
- Eighty-one continuing student scholarships were awarded to students enrolled in the Honors Programs.
Seventy incoming freshmen were recipients of Honors scholarship awards.
|PART II: QUANTITATIVE INFORMATION
- Full-time students: 660
- Part-time students: 12
- University Honors : 597
- Departmental Honors : 75
- Total Honors Students: 672
- Number of students certified graduating with Honors from both University and Departmental Honors
- Fall 2001 28 UH 4 DH
- Sp 2002 52 UH 16 DH
- Su 2002 9 UH 1 DH
- Total Honors Graduates 110
- ACT: 27.66
- GPA: 3.64
- Freshman-Sophomore Retention Rate: 77.45
- Staff Statistics: Total staff headcount 4-- Professor/Director; Associate Director; Assistant Director; Academic Advisor
- Staff Diversity: 3 females, 1 male.