PART I: QUALITATIVE INFORMATION
- Departmental Assessment Plan
- IBHE Program Review outcome: Next review scheduled for 2003.
- IBHE Alumni Survey results
- Undergraduate Student Survey Results: NA
- Accreditation reports/results:
The music department received accreditation from the National Association of Schools of Music in 1994 during the 10 year self-assessment process and from NCATE in 2001.
- Faculty-Student Collaborations
- Active student learning opportunities
Two music students are employed by Wesley United Methodist Church under the supervision and guidance of Dr. Patricia Poulter.
- Practica:6-10 student teachers per semester; 2-3 Graduate theses per year; 8-10 Independent directed studies per year
- Strategies to improve P-16 teaching and learning: None reported.
- Pass rates on any professional/ occupational licensure exams: None reported.
- Faculty Achievements:
6 Redden Fund Grants; 3 Published Articles
- Student Achievements:
3 students received GA positions, 2 at the University of Iowa, and 1 at the Eastman School of Music.
90% pass rate for TAP.
|PART II: QUANTITATIVE INFORMATION
MUS Data Spreadsheet (Excel)
- Enrollment: Undergraduate: 129 Graduate: 10
- Degrees: Undergraduate: 26 Graduate: 4
- Student Major Statistics
- Full-time students: Undergraduate: 126 Graduate: 7
- Part-time students: Undergraduate: 3 Graduate: 3
- Diversity: Undergraduate: 10 Graduate: 1
- ACT: Undergraduate: 22.97
- GPA: Undergraduate: 3.09 Graduate: 3.59
- Faculty Statistics
- Total faculty headcount: 30
- Total FTE faculty: 25
- Full-time faculty: 25
- Part-time faculty: 5
- # faculty on leave: 1
- Total tenured/tenure track faculty: 16
- Faculty break down by rank:
- Professor: 9
- Associate: 4
- Assistant: 3
- Instructor: 14
- # w/Terminal degrees: 16
- Total annually-contracted faculty: 9
- # w/Terminal degrees: 9
- Non-negotiated part-time faculty: 5
- Gender: 23 males, 7 females
- Diversity: 3 nonwhite
- Credit Hour Production Total: 7,202
- Discipline cost per credit hour by level: $398.25
- Direct Cost Per Credit Hour Total: $229.02
- Freshman-Sophomore Retention Rate: 74%
- Average Actual Hours to Degree: 166
- Required Hours to Degree: 122-138