PART I: QUALITATIVE INFORMATION
- Active student learning opportunities:
- Student-faculty collaborative research projects for academic credit: 3 undergraduate student, 1 graduate student.
- Students presenting at conferences: 2 undergraduate, 1 graduate. 1 student in physics practical during summer
- Strategies to improve P-16 teaching and learning:
- Two special courses offered in summer as part of MSNS program for teachers:Classical Mechanics for Natural Science Teachers; Electrodynamics and Thermodynamics for Natural Science Teachers.
- With support from the COS Dean we hosted the Spring meeting of the Illinois Section of the American Association of Physics Teachers at EIU.
- Assisted with the Upward Bound physics program organized by Kankakee Community College.
- With Argonne National Laboratories we are developing digital library material for the NSF with Charleston Middle School and Riverside-Brookfield High School.
- One faculty member is working at Mattoon High School to develop an entire physics lab program for high school students.
- Collaborative activities with business/industry
one faculty member works with Meadowlark Optics in Boulder Colorado and conducts student based research on optical materials at EIU.
- 2 undergraduate students work at Argonne National Laboratories on Digital Library development.
- Pass rates on any professional/ occupational licensure exams: NA
- Faculty Achievements
- Student Achievements:
One student in an a commercial lab in the Saint Louis area.
- Andrew James received 3rd place in the American Association of Physics Teachers undergraduate research awards for his work on Superstring Effective Potentials with Dr. Andrew.
- Joshua Ravenscraft received Distinguished Graduate Student Award for MS thesis in Atmospheric Radiation Measurement.
- Kasey Wagonr received the Leflar Scholarship
- James Nutter received the Waddell Scholarship
- Adrew James received the Kinderman Scholarship
- Daniel Brown received the Sparks Scholarship
|PART II: QUANTITATIVE INFORMATION
PHY Data Spreadsheet (Excel)
- Enrollment: Undergraduate: 16
- Degrees: Undergraduate: 3
- Student Major Statistics
- Full-time students: 16
- Part-time students: 0
- Diversity: 1
- ACT: 24.5
- GPA: 2.78
- Faculty Statistics
- Total faculty headcount: 10
- Total FTE faculty: NA
- Full-time faculty: 7
- Part-time faculty: 2
- # faculty on leave: 1
- Total tenured/tenure track faculty: 9
- Faculty break down by rank:
- Professor: 6
- Associate: 3
- Assistant: 0
- Instructor: 0
- # w/Terminal degrees: 9
- Total annually-contracted faculty: 2
- # w/Terminal degrees: 2
- Non-negotiated part-time faculty: 3
- Gender: 10 males
- Diversity: 1 nonwhite
- Credit Hour Production Total: 2,928
- Discipline cost per credit hour by level: $371.06
- Direct Cost Per Credit Hour Total: $226.53
- Freshman-Sophomore Retention Rate: 0%
- Average Actual Hours to Degree: 154
- Required Hours to Degree: 120