PART I: QUALITATIVE INFORMATION
- Active student learning opportunities
- Student teaching: 8-9/sem
- Students editing journal Historia: 7-8/yr.
Students helping produce dept. newsletter: 7-8/yr.
- Undergraduate research awards: 2-3/yr
- Graduate theses: 2-3/yr
- Independent (directed) studies: 8-10/yr
- Graduate internships: 8-10/yr.
- Conference paper presentations: 4-5/yr.
- Volunteering at Lincoln Log Cabin: 8-10/yr
- Strategies to improve P-16 teaching and learning
- Annual History Teachers Conference
- Bi-Annul History at the Grassroots Conference in 2003
- Annual Phi Alpha Theta Conference
- Regional History Fair (Faculty and Students participate as judges) sponsored by Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
- Collaborative activities with business/industry: None reported.
- Pass rates on any professional/ occupational
licensure exams: Test #23 Illinois Certification Testing System: approx.
90% pass rate.
- Faculty Achievements
- Student Achievements
- EIU Student journal Historia won 1st place in
national Phi Alpha Theta (national History Honors Society) competition for
the third time in a row
- 18 students were inducted into Phi Alpha Theta,
the national history honors society
- 2 current students and 5 alumni published articles
in professional journals
- 100% of Historical Administration graduates found employment in field
- Over a dozen H.A. alumni are on professional boards, etc.
|PART II: QUANTITATIVE INFORMATION
HIS Data Spreadsheet (Excel)
- Enrollment: Undergraduate: 291 Graduate: 35
- Degrees: Undergraduate: 36 Graduate: 10
- Student Major Statistics
- Full-time students: Undergraduate: 283 Graduate: 26
- Part-time students: Undergraduate: 8 Graduate: 9
- Diversity: Undergraduate: 19 Graduate: 0
- ACT: Undergraduate: 22.18
- GPA: Undergraduate: 2.89 Graduate: 3.38
- Faculty Statistics
- Total faculty headcount: 23
- Total FTE faculty: 19.76
- Full-time faculty:
- Part-time faculty:
- # faculty on leave:
- Total tenured/tenure track faculty: 15
- Faculty break down by rank:
- # w/Terminal degrees: 15
- Total annually-contracted faculty: 4
- # w/Terminal degrees: 3
- Non-negotiated part-time faculty: 4
- Gender: 8 female, 15 male
- Diversity: 2
- Credit Hour Production Total: 10,179
- Discipline cost per credit hour by level: $227.63
- Direct Cost Per Credit Hour Total: $118.81
- Freshman-Sophomore Retention Rate: 81%
- Average Actual Hours to Degree: 138
- Required Hours to Degree:
- History BA: 120
- History BA w/Teacher Certification: 145-151