|PART I: QUALITATIVE
student learning opportunities:
- The Philosphy Forum, student philosophy club
SIGMA TAU, the national honor society in philosophy (8 current
- Student research presentations
- Departmental Honors Program
- Independent Studies
to improve P-16 teaching and learning: None reported.
activities with business/industry: None reported.
rates on any professional/ occupational licensure exams: NA.
- Five faculty
members presented papers at conferences.
faculty member delivered a paper at an international conference.
- Two faculty
members published articles in professional journals.
- One faculty member completed six sessions of guest
teaching at a local school.
- One faculty member was elected and serves as Secretary/Treasurere
of the Illinois Philosophical Association.
faculty member was nominated for the Faculty Laureate Award.
faculty member received a research/creative activity award.
student presented a guest lecture at a local community college.
- One student was accepted into a doctoral program.
student was accepted into a Master's program.
- One student completed a departmental honor thesis.
- Four students were inducted into PHI SIGMA TAU, the international honor
society in philosophy.
student presented a paper at the PHI
SIGMA TAU ceremony.
PART II: QUANTITATIVE INFORMATION
PHI Data Spreadsheet (Excel)
- Enrollment: Undergraduate: 18
- Degrees: Undergraduate: 6
- Student Major Statistics
- Full-time students: 16
- Part-time students: 2
- Diversity: 3
- ACT: 24
- GPA: 2.88
- Faculty Statistics:
faculty headcount: 8
FTE faculty: 8.00
faculty on leave: 0
tenured/tenure track faculty: 5
- Faculty break down by rank:
- Total annually-contracted faculty:
- Non-negotiated part-time faculty:
2 females, 6 males
- Diversity: 1
- Credit Hour Production Total: 4,052
cost per credit hour by level: $204.70
- Direct Cost Per Credit Hour Total: $110.21
- Freshman-Sophomore Retention Rate: 100%
- Average Actual Hours to Degree:140
- Required Hours to Degree: