EIU Annuitants Association Scholarship Criteria
The selection committee shall apply the following criteria:
1. The recipient(s) may receive the scholarship one time only.
2. At the time of selection, the recipient(s) must be a Junior or Senior enrolled in at least 6 semester hours, accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
3. The recipient(s) must be the child or grandchild of a current Eastern Illinois University full-time or part-time employee with five (5) or more years of consecutive service to the University OR the child or grandchild of a retired Eastern Illinois University full-time or part-time employee with five (5) or more years of consecutive service to the University.
4. The recipient(s) must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
5. Applicants must submit a written statement listing career goals and financial need.
6. Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from an Eastern Illinois University advisor or faculty member.
7. In the event that there are several suitable applicants, preference will be given to the recipient(s) with financial need.
8. The award(s) shall be payable in the Fall/Spring Semester to Eastern Illinois University to be first applied against costs (tuition, fees, housing, etc.) associated with the recipient(s) attending Eastern Illinois University. Any remaining amount will be disbursed to the recipient(s)
Make your contribution payable to the EIUAA Scholarship and send it to the following address:
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920-3099