The Office of Admissions at Eastern Illinois University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Admissions Counselor. This position serves to recruit high school and college transfer students in the management of an assigned territory. Extensive travel (including evenings/overnights/weekends), valid driverís license or ability to arrange for transportation, and the ability to lift 10-15 pounds are required. There are two (2) open positions.
1. Manage recruitment and yield activity in high schools and community colleges in assigned territory, utilizing the Prospect Relationship Management/myEIU tool and other reporting tools such as predictive modeling, and Banner;
2. Analyze recruitment and enrollment data for assigned territory; provide strategies and action plans to the Associate Director to increase applications and yield of admitted students;
3. Develop contacts and initiate visits to assigned schools to present key marketing messages, policies and additional information about the University to prospective students, counselors and other stakeholders; conduct on-site application reviews and assessment of transfer credits; supplement personal visits with written communications and informational publications, e-mail, etc.;
4. Represent the University at college fairs and other special programs sponsored by schools and community colleges;
5. Plan and participate in programs for students, parents and/or counselors in assigned territory and/or on campus;
6. Recommend marketing strategies to enhance EIUís reputation and recognition in assigned territory;
7. Maintain and submit current and accurate recruitment reports on activity in assigned territory;
8. Provides superior counseling service to prospective students and families visiting EIU, including review of transferable coursework, application assessment, etc.;
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director and Director.
Required qualifications: Bachelorís Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Education, Communications or related field. Preferred qualifications: Masterís Degree in College Student Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Education, Communications, Counseling or related field ; at least (1) one year of professional experience in academic or student affairs at a college or university; and counseling or administrative experience at the high school level.
A complete file consists of: a letter of interest, resume, three (3) Ė five (5) professional references with e-mail addresses and phone numbers. Applications should be sent to Brenda Major, Director of Admissions at email@example.com or Room 1230 Old Main, 600 Lincoln Avenue, Charleston, Illinois 61920. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until on campus interviews are scheduled.