Committee on Retention Efforts
Committee on Retention Efforts (CORE)
Retention Forum 2013
The Committee on Retention Efforts (CORE) was formed by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Student Affairs in 2006 in order to assure that a cross-campus group was examining the issue of retention on a regular basis.
Mission: CORE will analyze data (retention, withdrawal, house, campus climate, student satisfaction, and so forth) and recommend to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Student Affairs strategies to enhance Eastern’s retention and graduation rates. Recognizing that retention improves as the quality of student learning and student life is enhanced, the committee also will recommend longe-range strategies to address the ongoing needs of all students. CORE will partner with other campus constituencies in addressing the action items outlined below.
- Analyze and communicate retention data and best practices across campus.
- Share ideas and initiate conversations on issues contributing to retention, such as campus culture, shifting student demographics, etc.
- Recommend the implementation of programs for identifiable at-risk groups
- Participate in national research and conferences as appropriate
- Evaluate institutional policies, practices, and procedures as they pertain to retention of students