The Graduate Certificate in the Teaching of Writing
|Apply to EIU Now!|
Complete Program Available Online Summer 2017
18-Hour Online Certificate Program
The Teaching Certificate (CTW) is an ideal way for high school and middle-level educators to pursue professional development with only one required course, ENG 5585, Writing Project for K-12 Teachers.
- Qualify for Dual-Credit Certification
- Complete Professional Development requirements
- Connect with Writing Teachers in the Region through EIU's Eastern Illinois Writing Project which is allied with the National Writing Project
Pre-Requisites for Admission
- Fully certified at high school or middle school level
- Non ELA educators may use the certificate for ELA endorsement
- Non-certified students (who have completed a BA degree) may enroll with approval of the Graduate Coordinator and Chair of the Department of English.
How to Apply
- Follow the MyEIU link to begin the application process
- In addition to the application fee, you will need to submit a résumé/cv and a professional statement (describing your goals for the certificate and areas of interest or expertise).
For further information, contact Dr. Randy Beebe (email@example.com), Graduate Coordinator, English Department, Eastern Illinois University.