If you are selected for one of the Eastern Illinois University teams, you'll be required to stay for a team meeting.
If you are NOT selected for either of the teams during the selection process, DO NOT have your parents contact either the University or the Coaching Staff.
Your Commitment to the Program
2013 Summer Commitments (*subject to change)
Practice Weekend June 21-23, 2013 and July 12-13, 2013- MacAfee Gymnasium
UCA College Cheer Camp July18-July 20, 2013 Camp is mandatory for entire team.
2013-143 School Year Commitments:
1. Practice Times:Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 5:45-8:30 p.m. and one Sunday a month from 3-6 p.m. Please DO NOT register for classes during this time period. Your practices are mandatory. Professors schedule tests during practice times. We ask that you plan ahead and attempt to work out alternate test times with your professors.
2. Work-Out/Conditioning Times:Conditioning times will be given to us for Fall Semester. We'll be scheduled around the varsity athletic teams' times. You will be required to work out two (2) times per week. If you do not work out, you do not cheer the game that week. Each work-out lasts about one hour, and time and day is determined each semester.
3.Grade: 2.5 minimum GPA requirement each semester. Grade will be checked TWICE each semester. Team members that fall below 2.5 will be suspended until 2.5 minimumis met. You will be required to attend games (NOT IN UMIFORM) and sit with the coach. NO EXCEPTTIONS!
4. Study Tables: Each team member is required to do 4 hours of study tables per week. If 4 hours is not completed by the end of the week, the team member will not be able to cheer that week and must make up the time missed.
5. Games: You are required to be present at all games for the sport you are supporting regardless of when the game may be - team members do not get to pick and choose games to attend. If you cheer for Men's and Women's Basketball and there's a scheduled game over Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Breaks, you WILL be present at the game. All of the basketball players show up; therefore, you, too, will show up. Please be aware of this requirement prior to trying out. We'll have as many approved schedules available for you to see during the try-out weekend as possible. Again, professors schedule tests outside of class times, and the tests may come in conflict with games. We ask you to plan ahead and attempt to work out alternate times with your professors.
6. Nationals Competition Commitment: College Nationals is not a program priority; rather, it is a goal. First and foremost, all squads must master game cheering and basic fundamentals for the primary purpose of Eastern Illinois University Cheerleading is support of our varsity sports. Every program member will be considered for a National team. The Coaching Staff will announce the National teams during the Fall semester. EIU will attend the UCA College Cheerleading Championships held at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida each January.
College Nationals require a lot of extra practice, time and patience. If you are selected for a National team, plan on very little Christmas Break. It is imperative we practice over the Holiday Break.
Each squad member will be charged $400 to their student account. All money will pay for camp expenses, food expenses during camp, camp clothes, and any other expenses that may occur. THIS IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
We make every attempt to keep costs down. Please DO NOT let these expenses weigh in your decision to go through the selection process for the EIU Cheerleading Program.