Department of Geology/Geography
|The award-winning Broadcast Meteorology Minor is gaining national attention and expanding rapidly. Student forecasters also participate in the EMMY Award Winning student news program, WEIU NewsWatch, weekdays at 5:30pm and 9:57pm and 5pm on the weekend.|
The Department of Geology/Geography is dedicated to providing students an exceptional Integrative Learning experience in the geosciences. With outstanding laboratories, equipment, and first rate professors and instructors, students graduate with a firm foundation that leads them to rewarding career opportunities or post-graduate degrees.
The department offers many areas of study/focus such as Geology, Geography, Geographic Information Science, Broadcast Meteorology, Earth Science Teaching, Social Science Teaching, Environmental and International Studies. To harness student potential, the department works with local businesses and local/state governments to provide paid internship opportunities.
NWS COOP Data
|Observation: Friday, June 7, 2013 6:00 PM CDT|
M. Cloudy Calm Cool
Recent Classroom Features
- "Under the Four River Skies:" Droughts: A Threat to Farmers
- "Under the Four River Skies:" Warm Temperatures Pose Problems for Soil
- "People, Are You Kidding Me?" Part 2: Electronic Devices: The Downfall of Education
- "People, Are You Kidding Me?" Part 1: Chemtrails...A Sinister Plot of the Government?
- Broadcast Meteorology Minor: An Exceptional Model of Integrative Learning at EIU
- Don't Get Comfortable, The Drought is Not Over
- Blizzard of 2013: Warnings Issued but Sometimes Ignored
- Climate of 2012: Year of the Drought
- Winter 2012-2013 Outlook
- Climate Review: October 2012
- Climate Review: September 2012
- Climate Review: Summer 2012
- Recent Rain: The Drought is Not Over
- Droughts: A Threat to Farmers