The mission of ICPEA is to promote excellence in educational leadership programs and in Illinois schools. The purpose of the ICPEA will be to:
- Provide a forum for professors of educational administration.
- Advocate for professors of educational administration.
- Provide a voice for effective leadership through expertise on critical issues.
- Promote and practice a Code of Ethics for professors of Educational Administration.
- Connect theory and practice in educational administration.
- Collaborate with other educational organizations within the State of Illinois
- Promote access and inclusion of underrepresented groups in the profession, including the professorship, educational administration programs and professional positions.