Program Goals & Learning ObjectivesM.S in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Provide an environment conducive to critical thinking and to application of the historical, current, and emerging aspects of the Family and Consumer Sciences knowledge base to problem-solving;
- Enhance the student's ability to work independently and collaboratively while developing competency in Family and Consumer Sciences professional practice; and,
- Improve the quality of education for each student through ongoing program planning, implementation, and assessment.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills;
- Articulate the relationship of program development, implementation, and evaluation in professional work environments;
- Synergistically integrate Family & Consumer Sciences knowledge, apply the research process, and scientifically solve problems;
- Identify and relate public policy to Family & Consumer Sciences, noting relevant global implications;
- Articulate the relationship of professional ethics to professional practice in Family & Consumer Sciences; and
- Demonstrate an ability to select and use appropriate computer and other current technologies in professionally related assignments.