- Suzie Park is keyed in! Are you keyed in? Join Keys to Action week, and support PBK National by making a donation: https://www.pbk.org/web/PBK_Member/Renew/Donate_onlinekta.aspx
- At the 2016 Phi Beta Kappa Book Awards Dinner, held in D.C. at the beautiful National Museum of Women in the Arts: Senators Esther Jones, Zev Handel, and Suzie Park; new CEO/Secretary of Phi Beta Kappa Fred Lawrence; President of National Phi Beta Kappa Society Catherine Berheide.
- Please give to PBK! https://www.pbk.org/web/PBK_Member/Renew/Donate_onlinekta.aspx
- Dr. Suzie Park with Dr. Catherine Belling, guest speaker for the PBK 2014 Fall Lecture. Dr. Belling presented "Historical Superbugs and Future Ebola: Medical Humanities Looks at Public Health."
- PBK Senators Esther Jones and Suzie Park with PBK Secretary John Churchill at his gala retirement reception in D.C., 2015
- National PBK President Catherine Berheide with PBK Senator Suzie Park at the PBK Book Awards Dinner in D.C., 2015
- PBK Senators Zev Handel, Esther Jones and Suzie Park at the PBK Book Awards Dinner in D.C.. 2015
- Our Association President was one of only five new At-Large Senators in the country to be elected at the last Triennial Conference of the National PBK Council.
- The audience gathering in the Doudna Fine Arts Center Lecture Hall for Dr. Catherine Belling's presentation at the Phi Beta Kappa 2014 Fall Lecture.
The PBK Alumni Association of East Central Illinois invites you to BE A KEY TO ACTION.
Here are two things you can do:
1) Please send in a picture of you doing something that you value and love. This is not as mysterious as it sounds. You could be teaching, going to work, cooking something, reading a book, smiling quietly with a loved one…anything that you cherish because your love of learning has guided your life in a positive direction.
2) Please consider giving something—an action, a tax-deductible contribution (https://www.pbk.org/web/PBK_Member/Renew/Donate_onlinekta.aspx), a letter to a legislator—to show your support of the liberal arts and sciences. I assume that PBK-ers share a deep and profound respect for the value of education. Show how much you cherish learning—and the freedom to pursue knowledge—as absolutely integral to living a rich and meaningful life.
Phi Beta Kappa Links