PRSSA 2010 National Conference, Washington D.C.
- PRSSA 2010 National Conferece: Tara Rosenbaum, Ben Pearcy and Kelly Wittenmeier attended the conference in Wahsington D.C.from October 15-19.
- The National Conference is held every year by the PRSSA National Conference Committe.
- The Conference is an opportunity to expplore the public relations profession through professional development sessions, career exhibitions, and workshops presented by top professionals.
- The PRSA attending their own conference at the same time, gives PRSSA networks oportunities with professionals by attending general sessions.
- The Hoosier Chapter's PRSSA committe sponsors area universities with PRSSA charters.
- The Hoosier Chapter's PRSSA committe does that by sponsoring several events throughout the year for area PRSSA members.
- Half Day with a Pro:
- For nearly a decade, the Hoosier chapter has hosted its annual Half Day with a Pro program, where PR students shadow PR professionals. Recognized by PRSA National as one of the most unique outreach programs offered by a local PRSA Chapter. More than 100 students from universities across the state come to Central Indiana once a year to learn first-hand what PR pros do on a daily basis.
PRSA Central Illinois meetings
- PRSSA chapters in the surrounding areas are able to attent the PRSA meetings held twice a semester.
- Each PRSA meeting is a sit down dinner, dessert, and drinks, followed by a professional speake at the end of dinner.
- It another opportunity to network with professionals of the Central Illinois Chapter, who could help students find internships and jobs.
- @ DePaul University "Transforming Traditional into Digital: The New Ways of PR" February 10-11
- @ Indiana University "Get Social: A Blueprint for Social Media Strategy" April 8-9
Professional Speakers at our Chapter meeting
- Beth Heldebrandt, Feauture Editor at the Charleston Times-Courier.
- Topic: What journalists want from public rlations people.