Procurement, Disbursements and Contract Services
Eastern Illinois University policies follow the current State of Illinois Procurement Code and the Joint Purchasing Rules for State Systems Universities.
Procurement Director Search
Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois is seeking applications for a highly motivated and experienced administrator to serve as Director of Procurement, Disbursements and Contract Services. The Director of Procurement, Disbursements and Contract Services reports to the Director of Business Services/Treasurer and has primary responsibility for all purchasing and payable activities of the University, and administration of contracts in conformity with Board of Trustees and institutional policies as well as statutory requirements. See the full job description.
FY15 Procurement Deadlines - Year End Procurement
It is time to plan for your year-end procurements. In order to be compliant with purchasing laws, the following deadlines have been set. If you are unable to meet the following deadlines, notify the Department of Procurement, Disbursements and Contract Services immediately.
- March 7 -- FY14 large purchase requisitions (greater than $40,000) must be completed and approved in the Banner system. All FY14 small purchase requisitions (less than $40,000) can be completed and approved in the Banner system at later dates. However, the Department of Procurement, Disbursements and Contract Services must be able to ensure items will be received and invoiced no later than Aug. 1.
- June 6 -- Any FY14 travel applications that have not been encumbered must be received by the Department of Procurement, Disbursements and Contract Services.
- June 27 (Noon) -- The cutoff date and time to order through OfficeMax for FY14. The OfficeMax website will not be available until July 1 for delivery July 2.
- June 27 -- Any PCard transactions with a post date on PaymentNet through and including June 30 will post to FY14 on Banner. Any transactions that have a post date after June 30 will post to FY15.
- July 10 -- All request for payments, invoices and travel vouchers must be received in the Department of Procurement, Disbursements and Contract Services. Unless they are significant to the university's financial statements, any invoices and travel vouchers received after this date will be processed against FY15 budgets.
EIU Campus Guides - Purchasing
These documents detail the various methods of purchasing and which is appropriate for a given situation. As always, please call the Office of Procurement, Disbursements and Contract Services at 581-5313 if you have any questions.
IPHEC contracts negotiated for Illinois purchasing group that combines their usage to enhance buying power resulting in cost and time savings. These contracts are to be utilized whenever possible.
Guide containing purchasing methods, when to use requests for payment, bid limits, and administrative approval thresholds.
Guide containing explanations and rules for travel application, travel voucher, lodging allowances, reimbursement schedule and per diem allowance.
EIU Vendor Guides - Purchasing
Vendors wishing to bid on sealed competitive bids for any Illinois public university must register with Illinois Public Higher Education Procurement Bulletin. In addition to EIU opportunities, other state university procurements are available
In addition, vendors must:
- Be a legal entity authorized to do business in Illinois in conformance with the Illinois Secretary of State
- Register with the Illinois State Board of Elections
- Hold a current Bidder Eligibility Number from the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR)