As part of Eastern Illinois University, School of Technology, the Construction Club's vision is to be a community of aspiring leaders in the construction industry locally and globally centered on creating an environment that fosters technical excellence and promotes better communication with people and management of materials and resources.
To attain this vision, the Construction Club's mission is to engage students in opportunities which cultivate:
- A Sense of Belonging: uniting people to each other and to a cause.
- Refined Skills and Talents: organizing hands-on training towards the development and application of leadership, interviewing, presenting, and practical skills.
- Extra Curricular Learning Environment: Creating an environment that helps develop highly capable leaders, who desire, seek and do their best towards upgrading their communication and technical abilities.
- Meaningful Technical Activities: planning with a purpose, implementing and assessing a variety of meaningful technical activities.
- A Commitment to Future Service: reviewing key principles, reflecting on the experience and creating a vision for future service.