MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL ON GRADUATE STUDIES February 16, 1999
The Council on Graduate Studies met at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 16, 1999, in the Arcola/Tuscola Room of the MLK Union.
Members present: Dr. Augustine, Dr. Benedict, Dr. C. Helsel, Dr. Kayser, Ms. Kerrick, Dr. Lenihan, Dr. Raybin, Dr. Reven, Dr. L. Simpson.
Members absent: Dr. Carson, Dr. Liu.
Staff present: Ms. Dolson, Ms. Herrington-Perry, Academic Affairs.
I. Chair Benedict welcomed Sarah Kerrick, the GSAC representative for Spring semester.
IV.99-2 Psychology Major, Revision.
Dr. Reven moved and Dr. Simpson seconded the motion to add this item to the agenda. Voting and discussion will be later.
V.98-44 1999-2000 Catalog Revision.
This item was postponed by consensus until the March 2 meeting.
VI.99-1 Graduate Assistantship Reallocations.
Dean Augustine shared the results of the GA survey conducted in December 1998. This item was postponed by consensus until the March 2 meeting.
VII.Executive Director's Report.
1. PSY 5040 -- Change course title to: Psychotherapy.
2. PSY 5050 -- Change course title and description to: Therapeutic Practices II: Behavior Therapy with Children & Adolescents. Concepts and procedures utilized in behavior therapy. Special emphases on operant techniques and cognitive behavioral techniques appropriate for use with children and adolescents.
3. PSY 5900 -- Change course grading system to: Credit/No Credit.
4. PSY 6890 -- Change course title to: Advanced Practicum in School Psychology and change credit
5. Change course prefix and number: EDG 5730 to CSD 5640.
6. Change course prefix and number: EDG 5790 to CSD 5730.
The meeting adjourned at 3:50 p.m. Sally Dolson, Recording Secretary.
Please note: All Council Minutes and Agenda are available on the Web at http://www.eiu.edu/~eiucgs.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday, March 2, 1999, 2:00 p.m.
Arcola/Tuscola Room, MLK Union
Agenda: 98-43 Thesis Guidelines Revision. (Postponed until draft is presented.)
98-44 1999-2000 Catalog Revision.