* EIU Distinguished Faculty Award *
Eastern Illinois University’s community is encouraged to join faculty, staff, administrators, students, and alumni in nominating candidates for this year’s Distinguished Faculty Award – one of the most prestigious honors available to EIU faculty. The award is given to EIU faculty member (including chairs) who best exemplify achievement in teaching / performance of primary duties, research / creative activity, and service.
* 2017 Nomination Form (pdf / docx) *
* Nominations for the award may be made by Eastern faculty, administrators, students and alumni. Candidates for the award will be recommended by the Distinguished Faculty Award Committee (made up of (4) faculty members, (2) student members, and (1) alumnus) to the Faculty Senate for approval. Recipients will be honored at the annual spring commencement ceremonies with the presentation of a plaque as well as a monetary award from funds generously donated by alumni to the EIU Foundation. All nominations materials should be submitted by 4 p.m. on ______, 2017 to Nichole Hugo, Chair - Faculty Senate Awards Committee.
* Preferred submission method is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with complete nomination packet attached as an Adobe PDF document.
* Alternate submission method is the delivery of the nomination packet either in person or via campus mail to: Dr. Nichole Hugo, 2056 Klehm Hall, Hospitality Department, School of Family and Consumer Sciences, EIU. *Please contact Nichole Hugo (email@example.com) if additional information is needed.
* Past Recipients of the Distinguished Faculty Award *