* EIU Distinguished Faculty Award *
Eastern Illinois University’s community is encouraged to join faculty, staff, administrators, students, and alumni in nominating candidates for this year’s Distinguished Faculty Award – one of the most prestigious honors available to EIU faculty. The award is given to EIU faculty member (including chairs) who best exemplify achievement in teaching / performance of primary duties, research / creative activity, and service.
* Nominations for the award may be made by Eastern faculty, administrators, students and alumni. Candidates for the award will be recommended by the Distinguished Faculty Award Committee (made up of (4) faculty members, (2) student members, and (1) alumnus) to the Faculty Senate for approval. Recipients will be presented a monetary award, as well as a plaque at the spring commencement ceremonies. All nominations materials should be submitted by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 25th, 2015 to Jemmie Robertson, Chair - Faculty Senate Awards Committee.
* Preferred submission method is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with complete nomination packet attached as an Adobe PDF document.
* Alternate submission method is the delivery of the nomination packet either in person or via campus mail to: Dr. Jemmie Robertson, C/O Department of Music Office, 2620 Doudna, 600 Lincoln Avenue, Charleston, IL 61920. *Please contact Jemmie Robertson (email@example.com) if additional information is needed.
* Past Recipients of the Distinguished Faculty Award *