Civil Services Employees | Faculty and Administrative and Professional | All Employees
Civil Service employees should inform the Human Resources Employment Office of the date and reason for their separation from the University. This notification will initiate the following exit procedures:
- The employee will be asked to complete a Civil Service Employment Separation Notice.
- The employee will receive a memo providing separation tips. The memo identifies other offices on campus that should be notified of the separation.
- The Employment Office will give the employee a Civil Service Employee Exit Interview Checklist and instructions on how to complete it. Once completed, the checklist must be returned to the Employment Office on the employee's last work day.
- The Employment Office will ask the employee to complete a Confidential Exit Interview Questionnaire.
When a Faculty or Administrative and Professional employee decides to leave the University, a signed letter of resignation or intent to retire must be received by the employee's supervisor. Copies should be distributed to the appropriate Department Chair, the appropriate Dean/Director, the appropriate Vice President or the President's Office, and to the Human Resources Employment Office. It is the employee's responsibility to ensure that copies of the letter are distributed to the appropriate offices.
When the Employment Office receives the letter of resignation or intent to retire, a Clearance Sheet will be sent to the employee. This form requires the employee to obtain signatures, denoting clearance, from various departments on campus. After all signatures are obtained, the Clearance Sheet is then turned in to the Payroll Office, 2011 Old Main. For employees whose wages are transmitted electronically (Electronic Funds Transfer), the Clearance Sheet must be received in the Payroll Office by the 15th of the month.
- Return keys. Click here to review the form to be used .
- If you have a Corporate Credit Card, return it to the Vice President for Business Affairs Office, 1140 Old Main.
- Return telephone credit cards, if any, to the Telecommunications Office in the Security Building so that the PIN # can be deactivated.
- Notify Information Technology Services (extension 3227) so that they can cancel passwords, revoke access to systems, cancel e-mail accounts, etc.
- Notify the Business Office (extension 6446) so that they can cancel passwords, revoke access to systems, etc., via the Clearance Sheet (Faculty and Administrative and Professional staff)or the Civil Service Employee Exit Interview Checklist (Civil Service staff).